Appropriate clothing must be worn when visiting churches and monasteries (that is cover as much of yourself as possible). Reduce noise levels to a minimum.
- Water: Drink only bottled water and use tap water only for washing.
- Electricity: 220 V (double round pin plugs) use continental adaptors
- Toilets: Do not put paper or sanitary materials down the toilets
- Time: + 2 GMT (for both summer and winter)
- Tipping: Rounding off bill is customary in Greece
Zakynthos has a British Honorary Vice Consulate
The main Hospital in Zakynthos has an casualty wing in the case of an emergency. For any minor issues and advise you can visit your local pharmacist. Pharmacists in Greece are trained to give advice and provide short term medication for minor cases.